I have seen this beautiful city in Zillion Bollywood movies such as Wake up Sid, Tum Mile, Life in a Metro and many more. Bollywood has captured the true spirit of monsoon in Mumbai. So this time I decided to visit the city during monsoon to enjoy cutting chai, gentle breeze around Arabian Sea.
Where I stayed?
As I already mention that I wanted to enjoy gentle breeze around Arabian Sea so I stayed at Aksa Beach at “The Resort Madh-Marve”. It is 21km from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. You can reach there in 1.5hrs by Cab if you are coming directly from airport. It has a beautiful setting in palm-lined grounds overlooking Aksa beach.What one should do when It’s raining in Mumbai?
- Walk in marine drive with your loved ones, have a sip of cutting chai and enjoy the view of the sea.
- Take a walk with your lover at Juhu Beach @ night. It’s cold and silent, You can just embrace the rumbling sea.
- Dance on Bollywood Songs such as Tip Tip barsa pani and relive those moments.
- Get around the city or go on a long drive to Lonavala.
- Visit Gateway of India and take a ferry ride. I swear when it’s raining it’s the best ride you can ever have.
What one should definitely do if visiting Mumbai?
- Experience the night life: Mumbai is the hub of India’s nightlife although being a delhite I did not found the crowd as enthusiastic as here in Delhi. One can visit nightclubs, live-music spaces, art galleries or lounges at nice.
- How can you forget Vada pav, For me whenever the name of Mumbai come “vada pav” is the first thing about Mumbai which comes in my mind. Although there are many Street food items famous in Mumbai such as Pav bhaji, Pani puri, bhajjias, kala khatta and many more, after trying Vada pav you can try all these street food items.
- Do shopping from Colaba Causaway and Linking road Bandra, you can find everything here in these streets.
Things to keep in mind if you are visiting Mumbai during Monsoon:
- Always keep umbrella or raincoat with you. Mumbai rain is very unexpected.
- Make sure to protect your camera’s and mobile phones as water can damage them.
- Do not eat anything. Prefer to eat something which is hygienic as unhygienic food can cause stomach infection.
- Always carry a pair of clothes with you.
- When you need to reach somewhere always keep a buffer time with you as Mumbai traffic is as unexpected as Mumbai rain.
- Carry rubber or synthetic bags and shoes avoid leather during this season.
Happy Travel in Monsoon!! #Tripflings